Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Eat. Share. Read... Rinse and Repeat.

For us, we look forward to dinner time! Not because of an elaborate meal...because it never is. Remember, I have 3 kids! It's because it's the one time of day we all sit together, with no interruptions, eat, and enjoy being in one another's company.  Does that sound "Walton-like?" So be it.

This is where Savannah and Noah have learned the Lord's Prayer by heart.  It's where they share about their day with daddy.  It's where Levi learns to sign rather than scream for his food (we're STILL working hard here). It's where laughter fills the whole house.  It's where hard conversations happen when they need to happen.  

And it's where stories are sometimes read.  Like this particular night.



He sure does love his babies.  And I love that he thinks story time is so important. After all, did you see that expression on Savannah's face?  Go back up and take a look. 


I think reading to your children is one of the most joyous gifts you can give them.  For so many reasons.  Agree? I'm sure you do!


And just because I thought it was cute...I threw in some shots of them showing off their super scary bats they made at the library!!
 (I think they look so much alike here).
Good night for now.  I think I'll go plan tomorrow's elaborate meal.  hehehehe.


blessings,
~k.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've ALWAYS loved "Walton-like"!! and you too!! :)
Mom

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails