Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A lesson in trust

Levi James and I made a trip this morning to his pediatrician for his 2 month well baby visit. He's growing....already 13 pounds(66th percentile) and has grown 3 inches since his 2 week appt putting him in the 77th percentile. So thankful for pictures so I can actually remember that newborn body that just doesn't last long enough.  


In addition, he received 4 vaccines...one of those by mouth....so three sticks in those itty bitty legs.  Enough to make me cry right along with him.  As I sat there across from the nurse holding this 13 pound fella in my lap, I thought about how dependent and completely trusting he is.  He hadn't a clue what was about to send him into a weeping fit, but he made it through that season of pain, and is once again, smiling and cooing at his mama this very minute.  


While I may not be headed into a "weeping fit," I certainly may be faced with challenging circumstances in which case I must trust...completely.  Wholeheartedly.  Without reservation.  If my God's eye is on the tiny sparrow, I absolutely know He's watching over me.  


Father, I trust you with my life.  You are my portion...a constant friend indeed.  

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails