Friday, February 11, 2011

Oh, blog, how I've missed you!

It's late Thursday night, and I realize it's been nearly a week since my mind, heart, and fingers have mustered up any words for this blog. We've been quite busy and I have used what spare time I have had elsewhere.  But, I'm surely not proud of that.  After all, this is for my family.  The everyday, ordinary moments that fill our day.  They'll want to know about them.  I'll want to remember them.  So... here's a little look into our last few days.


Some of you may know that Dolan and I are beginning the journey of homeschooling our children.  The "why" of this is a whole other post that perhaps I'll get to one day soon.  But let me tell you...we're excited and nervous all at the same time.  We know..."we've only just begun."  But, remember, it's about the journey.  So,for now we're taking it one day at a time...and are loving the learning process. 


Last weekend, Dolan and I along with some friends of ours, attended a homeschool conference in Wake Forest. We left feeling inspired, motivated, supported, encouraged, still nervous, but excited. The conference was enjoyable, the ride home...not so much.  Dolan began feeling ill Saturday and by Saturday evening, he was just sick! The stomach bug invaded!!! By Sunday evening, he was feeling some better.  He worked from home Monday, in our garage, and was back in the swing of routine on Tuesday...the day the bug invaded Noah.  The fact that he is also teething makes for one irritable tot.  It breaks my heart to see him hurting, and without the vocabulary to describe it to me.  So, yes, today sippy cups were thrown, along with his brothers "papeez" (paci)...hair was pulled from his fairly patient sister (she knew he was not well), cries were heard for what seemed like hours, food was left in the plate, several bananas were eaten, throw in a dose of children's tylenol and lots of hugs, and finally call it a day around 8:00.  I think I still feel him on my hip right now. =) We did end with a fairly calm dinner and bedtime story.  Our poor baby.  Praying for an improvement tomorrow and that the bug is gone for good! 


I'm blessed today.  I love my family.  And I love the God who blessed me with them.  


Night Night... 

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails