Friday, July 16, 2010

"School" supplies, Dora panties, and a new book....loving the small things of life!

Ever since I was a young girl, the smell of a brand new box of crayons has made me smile.  I have always loved "school" supplies and it was always one of the hi-lights of the new school year..... to go and purchase these brightly colored necessities.  Admit it, you must share these feelings too! Well, Savannah is not in "school", but WalMart already has their school supplies on sale.  We go through markers and crayons quickly around here, so when I saw these in large bins for $1, I couldn't resist.  Crayons were only 25 cents! For $4, we brought home some supplies that will keep Savannah busy for quite a while!  And she'll love every minute... Except, I am going to open the crayon box first! 



Potty training is still a part of our life; however, it is much easier now and Savannah is doing so well.  It was time for new "undies" so I let her pick at the store today.  She chose exactly what I would have expected...Dora.  We decided to get the 4T even though she wears a 3.  (We wash LOTS of "undies.")


And in other news, my $4.65 book arrived this week!  (used from Amazon) I had read other "mom blogs" where this book seemed to be quite the resource!  It is full of creative, educational, low-prep, fun activities for young ones!  Great for rainy days, HOT days, and holidays.  I already have several picked out and stashed up my sleeve ..... I'll be sure to post some of our "busy" activities.  
Loving the small things of life today...

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together."
-- Vincent Van Gogh
 

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails