Thursday, March 31, 2011

Don't Grow Up


How completely selfish is that? I'm afraid one day, 5 or 10 years from now, when I'm getting ready in the morning and I look out from my bathroom, I might not see this...
God, won't you take these innocent childhood days and 
S-T-R-E-T-C-H them out a bit longer?  Or, maybe I need to slow down...step back...and soak in every moment a bit more.  (Then write it down!)  I have already forgotten a lot of "little things" that I said I wanted to always remember.  Life truly is but a vapor.
No, they may not cuddle and love on one another like they do now...but maybe, just maybe they'll look after one another, take up for him/her when one is put down, love one another in spite of his/her weaknesses, celebrate each other's strengths, screen boyfriends/girlfriends and maybe even tag along on a few dates(ok...that might be pushing it).  And when they pretend they don't love each other...because that's just part of growing up with siblings, then I can close my eyes and think back to a time when they would crawl up on our bed and snuggle.  Like this...
Then, I can smile and thank God for such a precious memory.

1 comment:

http;//www.downhomemag.com said...

So sweet...brought tears to my eyes...because I am 10 years down the road from where you are..and they don;t snuggle anymore...and they don't hold hands to lead each other around....but they do take up for each other and give the other advice or direction or help with homework...

Ejoy these times...but know that one day you will be able to say you did alright mama!

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails