- there is an alphabet poster taped on the wall of your dining room.
- while cooking, you break out in song, "the d says duh, the d says duh....every letter makes a sound, the d says duh." (thank you very much leap frog!)
- a trip to the library...some days...counts for school!
- your printer spits out more "great ideas" than you could ever do in a day!
- you step on a math manipulative on your pre-dawn stumble to the bathroom.
- every room in your house (and outside) is a classroom.
- you walk through the produce section of the grocery store and your child is naming the beginning sounds of EVERY vegetable!
- part of your morning routine involves "circle time!"
- and you sometimes find yourself conducting a reading lesson long after bedtime, simply because your preschooler wants you to teach them how to read....right NOW!
While perusing several great blogs on this and other relevant topics, I read about this fantastic giveaway over at Generation Cedar. The book...Preschool at Home Where They Belong. I am wanting to curl up in bed with this book, TONIGHT! (I mean, who needs John Grisham when you can read a book about training young minds and making the home a place where your children love to learn!) So, maybe I'll win a copy. If not, I think it's on my "READ ASAP" list.