Thursday, August 4, 2011

Where You Go, I Will Go



Today is a milestone...a great feat...a triumphant event...an anniversary.  A TEN year anniversary.  10 years ago today...and almost at this very hour, I said aloud in front of a crowd of family and friends, "Where you go, I will go..." The rings were securely placed on our trembling fingers, the vows were sealed with a kiss, and together we journeyed hand-in-hand into this whirlwind we call married life.


Some would say we have the perfect marriage.  Guess that depends on your definition for perfection.  We have our moments, as do all normal couples and we fail daily...Because Christ is at the heart of our marriage, we love each other with an undying love...and that's that!


Dolan, a lot of life has happened in the last 10 years!  I'm still absolutely in love with you today.  And I'll still go where you go.  Why?


Because:

  • You are my best friend.
  • You are my partner in life.
  • You pick out the best chocolates for me.
  • You always put the toilet seat down.
  • You are the perfect gentleman.
  • You make me laugh....daily!
  • I'd be lost without your technical abilities...I think you're a genius!
  • You love our kiddos.
  • You let me go out....alone....by myself.... ahhhhhhh!
  • You say the sweetest things!
  • You call me "lady."  (Please don't ever stop)
  • You text me sometimes during the day when I know you are so busy.
  • You care for others and their needs.
  • You have an amazing gift of servanthood.
  • You love Christmas like I do!
  • You built me a garden.
  • You let me be mad, but you don't let me stay that way.
  • You bathe our filthy children. =)
  • You're taking this Monday off, and I am EXUBERANT! 
  • You are so handsome!
  • You are so handsome!
  • You are so handsome!
  • You eat everything I cook...EVERYTHING!
  • You always see the cup half full.
  • You put up with my "issues" over how to make the bed and how to load the dishwasher. =)
  • You always smell good!
  • You belt out a good 80's song on pretty much a daily basis.
  • You have given me a collection of the little boy/girl cards since we were dating! (Thank you for the one you gave me this morning...it's my new favorite).
  • You listen to my dreams and you share yours with me...and amazingly, they fit together like a puzzle.
  • You're you.
I hope you know how much I adore you.  Ready for 10 more? I am...


Happy Anniversary to my endless love. Where you go, I will go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

a perfect post!! I know Dolan had to have had goose bumps reading this one. You are a "perfect" pair. We are so happy that you found your true one-and-only~!! Happy 10 years to you both! Love you, Mom

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails